The Best Way To Get Rid Of Rats Around Your Alexandria Home
November 15, 2022 - Rats
Rats are a common problem in Alexandria, and if you're having trouble getting rid of them, you're not alone. Matar Termite & Pest Control will discuss some helpful facts about rats, including the best way to get rid of them with pest control in Alexandria. We'll also cover how to identify a rat infestation, the diseases rats can spread, and five natural ways to keep rats from returning.
How To Identify A Rat Infestation In Your House
You may be wondering how to tell if you have a rat infestation in Alexandria in the first place. Here are several signs you should keep an eye out for:
- Droppings: Rats leave behind droppings that are about half an inch long. If you find droppings around your home, it's a good sign that you have a rat problem.
- Gnawing: Rats like to gnaw on things, and they often leave behind telltale teeth marks. If you see evidence of gnawing, it might mean that you have rats.
- Noises: Rats are nocturnal, so you may hear them scratching or scurrying around at night.
- Sightings: If you see a rat during the day, it's a good indication that there is an infestation.
If you're not sure whether or not you have a rat invasion in your home, contact Matar Termite & Pest Control. We can come to your home and inspect for signs of rats.
The Dangerous Diseases Rats Are Known To Spread
Rats in your home are more than just a creepy nuisance; they can also be dangerous. There are several dangerous diseases caused by rats, including salmonellosis, leptospirosis, and hantavirus. The diseases rats carry can be spread to humans through contact with rat urine or feces, or by being bitten by a rat. In order to protect yourself and your family, it's important to get rid of rats in your home as soon as possible by contacting a professional.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats In Your House
There are many methods for getting rid of rats, but some are more effective than others. One popular method is using store-bought rat traps. However, this method can be dangerous if you have small children or pets. Another method is to use rat poison, but this can also be dangerous if not used properly. The best way to get rid of rats is to call a professional pest control company like Matar Termite & Pest Control. We will safely and effectively remove the rats from your home without putting your family at risk.
Five Natural Ways To Keep Rats From Returning
Once you've gotten rid of the rats in your home, you'll want to take steps to keep them from returning. Here are five natural ways to keep rats away:
- Seal up any cracks or holes in your home. Rats can enter your home through very small openings. Take steps to seal up any cracks or holes they could enter through.
- Use natural repellents. There are several natural repellents that can keep rats away, including peppermint oil and cayenne pepper.
- Keep your food in airtight containers. Rats are attracted to food, so keep your food in airtight containers.
- Don't leave pet food out overnight. Pet food is another attractant for rats, so be sure to put pet food away at night.
- Keep your yard clean. A messy yard is an invitation for rats, so it's important to keep your yard clean and free of debris.
If you're having trouble keeping rats away, call Matar Termite & Pest Control. We've been helping Alexandria residents deal with difficult rat infestations for more than 30 years. We know what it takes to get rid of rats and keep them from coming back. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Alexandria, and to get started on a rat free property.